POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lost my hammer... : Re: Lost my hammer... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:32:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lost my hammer...
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 8 Jul 2013 14:10:01
Message: <web.51daff458f6f3a8efa3069c40@news.povray.org>
> A rather surreal scene, I don't know why...

I like the premise! My rock hammer's an Estwing, so you can bet I'd be sore if I
lost it while out mineral hunting. The guy in your image could very well be me
(except for the fact that I always double-or-triple-check my pack before moving
on). The man in your image really should have a pack, BTW.

> Almost done, except for the main subject which is being modelled presently.
>
> This time, I returned to the use of isosurfaces (rocks and ground).

I agree with Paolo that there is something amiss with the boulder. To me it
seems a bit out of place... but of course getting loose rocks to match the
landscape has always been a problem, IME.

> Render time about 5.5 hours. Not too bad.

Could be much better, though. Are you using radiosity? If so, you can actually
get away with a count of 1, provided your surfaces are sufficiently detailed.
I'll try to post something to the TINA CHeP EOG thread later today to show you
what I mean.

Sam