POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Giants Causeway : Re: Giants Causeway Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Giants Causeway
From: MichaelJF
Date: 25 Jun 2013 17:10:01
Message: <web.51ca06403812f58a72f7f7e80@news.povray.org>
"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:
> Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
> >
> >    Impressive... specially given the difficulty of the overall scene,
> > with many complex details. HOF material, no doubt.
> >

> Thanks Jaime,
>
> The secret is trial and error and lots of learning from other/cleverer people
> than myself. If I had to work out all the techniques we would be on POV version
> 10 by the time I finished ;-)

I think that the HOF should be updated more then only every some years.
Especially Sean has provided us with wonderful pictures over the years and not
only this one is worth the HOF. His train, his museum, his wreck or even the
moss the published just recently is worth the HOF IMO. And another issue: he
shared nearly all his efforts to the community. Others who entered the HOF did
not. So my suggestion is to put not only this work of Sean into the HOF but a
lot of his earlier ones as well. He is one of the best of us, IMO.

Best regards,
Michael