POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grids of Superellipsoids : Re: Grids of Superellipsoids Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:30:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grids of Superellipsoids
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 23 Jun 2013 22:25:00
Message: <web.51c7ad10d4b8008891114470@news.povray.org>
> On 06/21/2013 11:25 PM, Robert McGregor wrote:
> > Just playing around with the geology of basic loops and blocks, and thinking of
> > isosurfaces...
> >
> I like it.
>
> What are the darker squares that looks like panels or something on two
> blocks just to the upper left of the image center?
>
> Bill P.

Bill, thanks for pointing those out - I hadn't really noticed them before. After
some head-scratching and test-rendering the scene at 5000px wide (with just that
small section selected for render) I finally isolated those as being some sort
of SSLT artifacts, but I can't really tell where they're actually coming from...
so, yeah, like Stephen said, they're  obviously "Doors to Erewhon".

www.McGregorFineArt.com