POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : More bullet physics mayhem : Re: More bullet physics mayhem Server Time
29 Apr 2024 05:02:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More bullet physics mayhem
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 22 Jun 2013 11:25:01
Message: <web.51c5c1a47d713867898131a0@news.povray.org>
> Very cool! Have you used Meshlab for more than conversions? It's a tool
> I've had on my toy-with list for a while, but I've not found the time to
> play.

It's one of those programs you need to pull out when you need it. I don't think
it's really aimed at creation or editing, mainly conversion, tidying and
filtering. It does have a vast array of tools for mesh doctoring...

> Thomas, Your comment about the man swinging chains through buildings
> reminded me of the RGB Mars trilogy where they cut the space elevator
> cable. As it came down, it cut a swath across the surface of Mars.

I've read the first one, the imagery from that sequence really sticks in my mind
even after forgetting most of the rest of the story. As I recall, it looped
around the planet more than once, and the disaster took hours to unfold. I must
read the rest of the series sometime!

> Wonder why we find things crashing so mesmerizing...

I don't know, but it's certainly hypnotizing. I shall continue my odyssey of
collapse - a good excuse to thoroughly find my way around this physics library.
:)

Bill