POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Elements of Geology 1 : Re: Elements of Geology 1 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:30:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Elements of Geology 1
From: MichaelJF
Date: 11 Jun 2013 16:10:00
Message: <web.51b783d290f091b0a07cff350@news.povray.org>
> This was the first scene I started on this TC-RTC Challenge. Needless to
> say that I am far from happy about it all. Somehow, I feel disappointed
> and unenthusiastic about it at this stage.
>
> Thomas

May be you can raise the camera a bit. The figure at the top is very hard to
recognize, even if it will be not at a realistic scale, try to double it's size.
Sometimes such things are working visually. E.g. the flamingoes in my "Rock 'n'
Roll" scene (Sphinx-Round) are some 5 meters high. No one has noticed this so
far and recogniced just flamingoes. I use this very carefully but sometimes it
helps.

Otherwise I cannot see a real flaw with this one. The only idea I came up with
is that you posted an idea to texture the leafs of trees with different colors
some months ago and that this one could be a good test for this idea.

Best regards,
Micheal