POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Elements of Geology 3 : Re: Elements of Geology 3 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:27:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Elements of Geology 3
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 3 Jun 2013 15:25:00
Message: <web.51acec6e7efef09c826ce7c10@news.povray.org>
> And a new version.
>
> Thomas

It's looking good, Thomas. The foreground is nicely detailed. Are you using or
planning to use backside illumination for the grass/small plants? The distant
cliffsides could use some surface normals, perhaps aligned with the strata.
Other than that, everything's shaping up nicely :)

So how many days are really left until we can no longer upload our entries? The
TC-RTC site seems to give different deadlines. If it's really only 13 days, I'm
screwed :S

Since springtime has come I've been hiking the hills. I just discovered that our
area produces opalescent quartz, some of it flawless (but very small). So I've
been searching for a good source, but the geology of our area has spread the
bedrock around quite a bit before actually pushing the stuff up to the surface.
The logging trails also confuse the matter.

Other than that, I've been distracted by the new version of Blender, and have
been learning as much of it as I can. Which, of course, means I haven't taken
the time to work on my challenge entries! So I really hope we have more than 13
days left :)

Sam