POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Continuing Blender-PovRay discussion : Re: Continuing Blender-PovRay discussion Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:27:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Continuing Blender-PovRay discussion
From: Mr
Date: 2 Jun 2013 06:30:00
Message: <web.51ab1d5f8dfda95b10bcfed90@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> I wish there were some way to get in touch with the addon developers. To
> get some ground rules for it.
>
> --
> Regards
>      Stephen

I don't know if you mean the Blender to POV-Ray exporter addon or another one,
but if you do, I am currently responsible / guilty :-)
for maintaining it.

For basic usage, from the user preference window where you activate the addon,
there is a link to this help page:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Render/POV-Ray

There are many instructions for the addon there but also in the tooltips when
you hover your mouse on any of the interface buttons or field. Also feel free to
ask me questions directly, note that there is now also a POV-Ray usergroup over
at the blenderartists.org forum.

About the earlier question on command line arguments, as the exporter wiki
states it, the Blender interface shows a "command line switches" field, it
behaves just like the command line of POV editors:

Command line switches allow some command line arguments to be passed to POV-Ray.
Arguments are separated by spaces. Command line switches consist of a / (Slash),
+ (plus) or - (minus) sign, followed by one or more alphabetic characters and
possibly a numeric value.
/EXIT is a good default there.

If you POVers want to reach the exported POV file, uncheck OStempfiles, to point
a directory on your hardrive where to write it.(otherwise, it's simply stored in
Blender temp file with a random name and deleted afterwards.

Enjoy.