POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3d-wallpaper-like renderings : Re: 3d-wallpaper-like renderings Server Time
5 Sep 2024 02:01:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3d-wallpaper-like renderings
From: phwitti
Date: 31 May 2013 19:40:00
Message: <web.51a934a77f39e6853576fa480@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the advice for using media -- I'll certainly take this into account
in my next image. (I'm really grateful, if this reduces my render-time a little)

I fear, I described the problem of the reflection wrong .. the problem wasn't,
that the reflection was blurred, neither, that i wanted it to be blurred.
The problem was, that the media wasn't reflected. (I blurred it to avoid, that
this problem attracted too much attention.)

I attached a small image, which i hope describes the problem better. On the left
is the image, PovRay rendered .. and on the right is, what I think, the Image
should look like. Propably I just didn't set some value the right way -- or have
some error in my understanding of the reflection of light.

(I get the feeling, this isn't the right place to ask questions -- more like, to
show images -- so ... sorry if i use this to get this question answered)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'reflection.jpg' (48 KB)

Preview of image 'reflection.jpg'