POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: Old City street new version : Re: Gancaloon: Old City street new version Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: Old City street new version
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 28 May 2013 21:00:01
Message: <web.51a552099de2f64978641e0c0@news.povray.org>
"Nekar Xenos" <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Bue is a beautiful blue planet where plants have blue leaves (I think th
> is
>
> would require a method other than photosynthesis, but I don't know enoug
>
> about biology to come up with an idea for that).

Some animals right here on Earth use copper as a base for their oxygen-bearing
protein instead of iron, resulting in blue blood; so I can easily imagine a
photosynthesis that uses a catalyst other than magnesium-based chlorophyll.
Actually, Wikipedia does mention some other photosynthetic pigments, such as
carotenes and xanthophylls, so dream away!