POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass balls, via bullet physics : Re: Glass balls, via bullet physics Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:25:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass balls, via bullet physics
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 26 May 2013 13:35:01
Message: <web.51a24691628c53becbc083be0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> As for Blender cycles I gave up on it as it is

> Internal renderer.

I have an NVidia GeForce, but it's too old for Cycles :( In fact, my entire
computer is over 6 years old. Cycles is fast in certain ways, and slow in
others. Relatively fast when combining radiosity + focal blur + light-emitting
geometry, slow when rendering glassy materials with caustics. I could really use
a new system :)

> Once you have your meshes PovRay materials can be used.

That reminds me, I can't for the life of me get POV-Ray to work with Blender!
When attempting to render a scene, I just get an unfilled checkerboard pattern.
Seems there's no way to tell Blender, "here is the POV-Ray executable." I may
have to edit the addon's source code...

Sam