POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass balls, via bullet physics : Re: Glass balls, via bullet physics Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:28:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass balls, via bullet physics
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 26 May 2013 12:05:01
Message: <web.51a2326a628c53be44b5561b0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> Once you get to grips with
> the controls Blender is, well I won't say easy to use, but very
> workable. I found that it is straightforward to correct mistakes.

Good to know.

> As for Blender cycles I gave up on it as it is

> Internal renderer.

Hmm, not the best, I'd be using it on a Macbook which I think has an Intel
integrated GPU, so no dice.

> Once you have your meshes PovRay materials can be used.

This. It is often said that POV-Ray's texturing is one of its greatest
strengths, so as long as I can learn to uv-map properly in Blender I think I
would always return to POV-Ray for final renders.

Anyway, I'm ready to have a bash in theory - I've already got a second usb
keyboard+mouse so I just need a favourable conjunction of inclination and time!
:)

Bill