POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass balls, via bullet physics : Re: Glass balls, via bullet physics Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:30:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass balls, via bullet physics
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 26 May 2013 06:30:01
Message: <web.51a1e361628c53be44b5561b0@news.povray.org>
"Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Pretty! I would love to see a larger version, perhaps with some dispersion :D

I'll see what I can do ;) This version doesn't even use area light photons so I
could definitely crank it up a bit. Might tighten the view angle too.

> Lately I've been running tests with Blender 2.67. Awesome, awesome app. You can
> easily shatter any object into Voronoi cells, and apply physics to them.

I've seen some demos on youtube, it certainly is impressive... although the
cells in the videos I saw seemed a little uniform to be completely realistic. I
intend to get to grips with Blender at some point, but I feel I'll need a few
days solid work to really consolidate the basics, especially since I've not
really tried any triangle modellers properly before. I just can't seem to find
the time at the moment! The bullet playground at least is quite an easy tool to
quickly fire up for simple piles of stuff. I'd like to try some animation with
it too.

I'd be interested to see your blender physics tests, as I'm sure others would
too...!

Bill