POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass balls, via bullet physics : Re: Glass balls, via bullet physics Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass balls, via bullet physics
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 25 May 2013 21:45:00
Message: <web.51a1689c628c53befbb05f650@news.povray.org>
Pretty! I would love to see a larger version, perhaps with some dispersion :D

I had wished to try Koppi's bullet playground myself, but the building
requirements seemed high at the time.

Lately I've been running tests with Blender 2.67. Awesome, awesome app. You can
easily shatter any object into Voronoi cells, and apply physics to them. Then,
with the Cycles render engine, you can trace the scene with believable GI, with
focal blur coming cheap. But Blender's Cycles implementation still needs to
support more features to truly compete with POV-Ray :)

Sam