POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : An End? : Re: An End? Server Time
29 Apr 2024 13:05:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An End?
From: Shay
Date: 21 May 2013 09:00:01
Message: <web.519b6ec276c5c07f4aef9a7a0@news.povray.org>

> BTW, after controlling, the password you used for your new membership
> seems to be the same as for the username Shay. Could you please confirm
> or infirm this?

Thank you.

> As far as p.b.i. is concerned, there still is a fair amount of active
> commenting from the remaining community.

Absolutely. P.b.i is a special place. I should find the time to drop in more
often.

> I guess technical preoccupations overrule the wish to
> finish an image...

> maybe people are not really
> interested any more in producing quality.

No one expects any kind of follow-through. I read last year that communicating

resolutions are *less* likely to pursue the satisfaction of completing those

And we allow that crap. I went to my 20-year High School reunion last year. A
girl from school with a typical-middle-aged, flabby build announced to the group
that she was a health nut, despite plain evidence to the contrary. Unbelievably,
people were asking her for diet advice on facebook for weeks after the reunion.

Many members of the POV community have a fascination and familiarity with
Beginnings. They understand and are able to discuss nascent ideas and basic

appreciated because the path from Beginning to End cannot be seen. To each his
own, but obviously this short-attention-span focus has a hard time maintaining a
community.

> Not sure I follow you here. What are the bad copies of professional work
> exactly?

Stephen.

>  From the beginning, there has been grumbling about the book titles,
> many people feeling surprisingly unsure about how to interpret them. I
> don't think that Stephen and I will really abandon the titles concept
> but adapt it to a different (wider?) scope.

only of rocks, but, looking at the book-chapter titles, I found many fascinating
*verbs* that could each be subjects themselves. Irtc topics always included a
few sentences of suggestions.

> Hmm. Not so narrow for some people :-)

make *no* claims of objectivity.

-Shay