POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : An End? : Re: An End? Server Time
29 Apr 2024 13:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An End?
From: Shay
Date: 21 May 2013 08:20:03
Message: <web.519b65f676c5c07f4aef9a7a0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> I have sent you an individual newsletter asking you to get in touch with
> me so that I can reset your password and give you a new one.

That problem has been solved. Thank you very much. I should have asked here
years ago.

> > 2. Give more constructive feedback to all of the entries. Encourage people

> I wish that I could force people to do that.

days. Maybe one image in ten on cg talk receives any comment at all.

> > 3. Encourage everyone to back off the bad copies of professional work and
> > explore still life, abstract, surrealism, architecture and other genres more

> I don't agree with that. Just look at Thomas's entry for "History and
> Practice of the Art of Photography" March 2011
> http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/member/imagenewdisplay/index325.html

/meant/ to say. What I /meant/ to say is that people should dial back the
ambition and establish a more irtc-like metric for judging images. Some simple
images won the irtc, but every winner, iirc, was print-ready. I assume that the

and that entrants would be encouraged by their objective success.

> One of the big problems that we have is that we now have no control over
> the site development. It is frozen the way it is. :-(
>
> But as we speak Thomas and I are discussing an alternative.

Yes, the sight is a little clunky. Even though I can see images without logging

http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/imagenewdisplay/stills/index325.html

 -Shay