POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : An End? : Re: An End? Server Time
16 May 2024 01:38:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An End?
From: Shay
Date: 20 May 2013 11:10:00
Message: <web.519a3ba076c5c07f4aef9a7a0@news.povray.org>
"MichaelJF" <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> I think the time of ray tracing contests is gone now. <snip>
> I propose that this is the last round of the TINA CheP
> contest.

rounds after that, but have not participated since. If it helps, here are the
reasons why:

my account was lost altogether) for the user name Shay. Yes, I can get a new
account with another name, but I would prefer my old account associated with my

would certainly have commented, if not entered a time or two, if my account had
been accessible.

2. Small audience. Producing something for a small audience of like-minded

feedback.

media to look at. Consideration of any one item is almost unwarranted.

/how/ to finish an image. Many of the interminable WIPs I see are modeled with
techniques that will grind progress to a near-halt long before an image can be
completed.

5. The quality on a lot of the images is terrible. This might be related to the
slow death of the POV-Ray newsgroups, but things that used to be a matter of
course (decent sky, metal textures, radiosity) are missing from many of the

foremost, your image should convey that you give a shit.

******** Suggestions:

2. Give more constructive feedback to all of the entries. Encourage people to

3. Encourage everyone to back off the bad copies of professional work and
explore still life, abstract, surrealism, architecture and other genres more

6. Post actual WIPs (emphasis on the P) in P.B.I to encourage anyone there to
come take a look at the tc-rtc.

7. Find my password.

 -Shay