POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I graduated : Re: I graduated Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I graduated
From: Shay
Date: 17 May 2013 14:30:00
Message: <web.51967629e52bb6204aef9a7a0@news.povray.org>
andrel <byt### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> You used to code these kind of shapes by hand, are you still starting
> from that?
>
> > I started with POV-Ray well over ten years ago, but have only recently
> > purchased a commercial modeler (ssk).
>
> doesn't ring a bell

YOU ASKED! Thank you. I just needed an "in" to talk a little about my ssk. An
overly-elaborate way to go about bringing up the subject, I know. I though
someone would recognize the name, but, again, I'm probably 20 years too late for
someone to recognize ssk.

Anyway, I have wanted one of these modelers for over ten years. In addition to
satisfying my intense attraction to ubiquity, it reminds me of some very good
times and people from long-ago POV-Ray days.

You can see a picture of my IBM Model(er)-M SSK below.

So, now that my joke has completely flopped, yes, this is entirely hand-coded.

 -Shay

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ssk.jpg' (97 KB)