POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I graduated : Re: I graduated Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I graduated
From: Shay
Date: 15 May 2013 14:20:01
Message: <web.5193d161e52bb6204aef9a7a0@news.povray.org>
> Jim Henderson:
> Great to see another image from you, Shay - as always, a wonderful mind-
> bending image. :)

> Nekar Xenos:
> Beautiful.
> I find myself thinking that this surface would make a nice level in a
> Tony Hawk game for a skatepark in space....
> ;D

> Sean Day:
> A very interesting shape and a very nice high quality image.

Thank you, all. I've never considered subdivision a good fit for formalist
images due to heavy mesh sizes and errors at extraordinary vertices, but with
ssk I was able to slide points along a subdivision surface (technically a
bicubic patch approximation thereof) to allow more control with fewer vertices
and minimal errors. There are several unintuitive aspects of the control mesh
that would have been difficult to conceptualize without this method of working
backward.

 -Shay