POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : moss : Re: moss Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: moss
From: MichaelJF
Date: 14 May 2013 16:45:01
Message: <web.5192a1508856ea2f845417fe0@news.povray.org>
Sean Day <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:
> Hi Michael/Thomas,
>
> I have not added the other moss types yet but for now have uploaded the
> source to this scene to the p.b.s.f group. It contains the macro and
> moss meshes for this scene but not the other two types of moss, at least
> one of them was used in my train scene though so should be on the irtc
> site.
>
> When (or if knowing me) I modify the macro I will upload any updated
> versions..
>
> The moss will not hold up too well to a real close up, something I would
> like to improve as well..
>
> Sean

Many thanks for posting the code. I'm just rendering it. As I stated I was more
interested into your textures, since I fail a little bit due to this issue. I
came up with the idea to grew moss with the mesh-cam using your textures (I
posted an animation due to this issue some months ago). But I have to find a
proper parametrisation of a Lindenmayer-System, which is not trivial.

Best regards,
Michael