POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : flying police car WIP : Re: flying police car WIP Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: flying police car WIP
From: Kenneth
Date: 3 May 2013 18:55:00
Message: <web.51843f6bbc86cdec2d977c20@news.povray.org>
"Nekar Xenos" <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> It's very easy to convert spheres like this into blobs:
> Just use "blob{" as you would to make a "union{" of spheres
> Then change "sphere{SpherePos, SphereRadius etc}"
> to "sphere{SpherePos, SphereRadius, BlobStrength etc}"
>
> Start with a BlobStrength of 1. If it is too thick or thin, change it
> accordingly.

Hey, thanks for the example code. I'll try this out and see what happens. I'm
guessing that I don't need to 'scan/trace' my image_map and model at the
high-resolution I've been using, as blobs are joined together smoothly,
automatically filling in the intervening gaps.

BTW (and this is a bit off-topic): For your jazz-musician scene and its
neon-signs (the sphere_sweeps), did you experience any of the 'clipping'
problems that are being discussed? I didn't see any obvious problems in your
renders.