POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : flying police car WIP : Re: flying police car WIP Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: flying police car WIP
From: Kenneth
Date: 3 May 2013 18:40:00
Message: <web.51843b71bc86cdec2d977c20@news.povray.org>
> Better and better indeed.
>
> Something which troubles me: why are those dials *behind* the pilots? I
> would expect them in front of them.

Hmm, good point. My 'idea' is that the pilots are supposed to be almost
completely surrounded by dials and gauges and stuff. Honestly, though, I came up
with that conception *after* I added those dials-- just to mentally justify the
addition :-O  Practically speaking, the back wall of the cockpit is the only
location where they can be visible, and it needed some kind of detail there.

> Also, the pilots appear to be a bit too large in comparison with the craft.

Yeah, that's an on-going debate I'm having with myself (which actually has
nothing to do with the police car.) There is another, more 'important' model in
my animated scene, one that also has a human occupant--and he's scaled a certain
way to match that particular model. I'm trying to match the police car occupants
to his scale--without changing the scales of the overall models themselves
(their relative sizes are just the way I want them to be.) Solution: I'll adjust
the scale when I put this police car back into the main scene, where I can see
everything at once.