POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : flying police car WIP : Re: flying police car WIP Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: flying police car WIP
From: Kenneth
Date: 3 May 2013 07:10:01
Message: <web.51839a01bc86cdec2d977c20@news.povray.org>
OK, I made some subtle changes and improvements:

* added a 'quilted' normal pattern to the flashing lights
* some 'bumpers' onto the front--more traced spheres. (Why a flying police car
would need bumpers is a mystery, though!)
* and finally added some occupants! (My 'generic human' CSG model that I've been
working on for years.) They needed faces, so I used a photo of myself. They're
twins!

And I managed to smooth out the raised outline around the windshield, by
re-writing my eval_pigment 'image_map scanning' code to be more precise. There
are many more spheres now, and no gaps. (Part of the problem was human error--my
top-down windshield image render was made at 3000X3000 pixels, but I was
scanning it at an odd reduced rez.) I wanted to get this code working correctly,
before attempting a different technique for the outline. I think it looks pretty
good as-is, except in extreme close-up.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'police_car_w2.jpg' (328 KB)