POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Funky Artists : Re: Funky Artists Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Funky Artists
From: Kenneth
Date: 29 Apr 2013 23:05:01
Message: <web.517f336b6740e272c2d977c20@news.povray.org>
"Nekar Xenos" <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> The paint is not a texture, it is colored blobs traced onto the model,
> which allows me more control.

Oh! That's a completely different (and far more advanced!) technique than what I
assumed. I'm so intrigued by this that I want to ask dozens of questions about
how you did it--but I'll restrict myself to only three ;-)  (and I apologize if
you've already described the technique in a previous post; I should have paid
more attention):

Are you using your original, detailed human figures as the underlying structure
to shoot the additional 'paint' blobs at? And do the paint blobs then
automatically 'flatten out' onto the surfaces?

Or do you use a 'blob model' of the human figures as the under-structure?

In any case, I assume that the under-structure itself isn't seen(?)