POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Funky Artists : Re: Funky Artists Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Funky Artists
From: Kenneth
Date: 29 Apr 2013 05:05:01
Message: <web.517e37756740e272c2d977c20@news.povray.org>
"Nekar Xenos" <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> Does it look "paintlike" enough? I'm thinking along the lines of Dali
> meets Pollock here :)

This just keeps getting more amazing.

It's indeed a difficult task to try and get a 'painterly' look on a 3D object.
Your refinements are looking really good.

Dali's art has 'smooth-flowing' paint shapes IIRC, whereas Pollock's 'drips' are
much more chaotic and curvy (and on a smaller scale.) Making a synthesis of the
two is an intriguing idea. I'm wondering if your overall color_map (for each
musician) is just a single one, with a single warp{turbulence...}. I would
suggest making multiple color_maps, perhaps with only one color in each (and
transparency of course), with *different* turbulences (at different scales) for
each of the colors. Overlapping all of these might produce a good hybrid effect.

I would also be curious to see what the background shadows would look like if
they came from the actual melting blob-men (rather than their intact
counterparts.) That might add to the surrealistic quality of the image.

Excellent work!

Now, if you could just get the big upright bass to melt and drip... ;-)