POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : flying police car WIP : Re: flying police car WIP Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:25:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: flying police car WIP
From: Kenneth
Date: 29 Apr 2013 02:20:00
Message: <web.517e1051bc86cdec2d977c20@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> How about blobbing those spheres? A sphere_sweep could also be used here.
> Both would allow you to use less spheres.

Yes, *any* technique to use less spheres (or rather, less scanning/tracing
points in my technique) would be a welcome improvement.

I haven't worked with sphere_sweeps in quite awhile; the artifacts they used to
have (in the v3.6 and 3.61 days) made working with them difficult.  Actually, I
do remember your advice from the past--use *short sections* of sphere_sweeps
(i.e., not too many points) then union those together, which helps eliminate the
artifacts. So I might give that idea a try. It would definitely make a
*smoother* outline than my spheres.