POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : flying police car WIP : Re: flying police car WIP Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: flying police car WIP
From: s day
Date: 28 Apr 2013 19:35:01
Message: <web.517db145bc86cde7333f2910@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> A close-up of the windshield area. (Hmm... it looks like the outline needs even
> MORE spheres; or else my technique needs some additional finessing.)

Hi Kenneth,

Nice model, I assume the muffler is the bit at the back towards the bottoms, if
not how did you do that shape in CSG?

As several people have already pointed out, I would go for a blob for the window
surround, I tend to always use blobs for this kind of modelling (unless I can
workout a good spline path for a sphere_sweep). If you can workout the spline
(not one of my strong points) then a sphere sweep would be best.

I have been looking through old unfinished scenes as well, mainly ones I gave up
waiting for the renders to complete due to heavy use of isosurfaces but with a
quad core, POV v3.7 and a bit more patience I may get them finished.

Sean