POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another CSG scene : Another CSG scene Server Time
16 May 2024 11:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Another CSG scene
From: Bernard
Date: 25 Apr 2013 11:50:02
Message: <web.517950154746f92e23e652930@news.povray.org>
My second CSG scene, 'The Spider'. For the uninitiated, the fly in the vice is a
spider.

I cheated with the clamp thread - it is as array of cone intersections, not a
spiral. I figured how to pur a spiral together for the gold rib on the little
buzzers in the clips, though they are too far back to see it, and I figured how
to randomize the position of the fibres of the spider. I haven't but the spiral
wrapping on the flexi part of the lamp support yet. I can do an isosurface
spiral but have not yet figured how to push it inot a torus shape instead of a
cylinder.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'thespider.jpg' (1033 KB)