POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: Old City street new version : Re: Gancaloon: Old City street new version Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:30:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: Old City street new version
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 16 Apr 2013 13:55:01
Message: <web.516d8ff19de2f649d97ee2b90@news.povray.org>
> One step further. Some code clean-up and improvements, and, as shown, an
> added random texturing of the buildings.
>
> This version of the macros is gradually diverging from the one in
> p.b.s-f. I shall see how I can include the new features in the 'public'
> version ;-)
>
> Thomas

I like the textures, except that the stones in the street look too clean and
evenly worn for it to be an "Old" city.

The things that jar my sensibilities are the 2-1/2 foot drop from the bottom
step of the second house on the right, the perfectly clean lines of the
buildings and the grade of the street from one side to the other.

Just a suggestion, but you might consider making the street more level, if you
can.  I understand that it's all one height field, but maybe you can find some
way to deform it - say you were to take a spline of the street and flatten the
pixels within a certain distance on either side, not necessarily perfectly
level, but more level than it is.

I don't know how your macro would handle the adjustment to the terrain.

I really love the concept.

Regards,
A.D.B.