POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: Old City street new version : Re: Gancaloon: Old City street new version Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:28:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: Old City street new version
From: s day
Date: 12 Apr 2013 20:05:01
Message: <web.5168a0669de2f6492fe466b50@news.povray.org>
> On 12-4-2013 15:01, s.day wrote:
> > Looking good, the texture appears lighter in several of the corners on the
> > walls, this is the bit I would expect to appear more dirty/darker, is the
> > proximity problem you are referring to?
>
> No, the lighter colour of the edges is intentional as dirt is rubbed off
> there, or so I imagine. On the other hand, dirt accumulation in angles
> and corners is maybe less well treated this way. Room for improvement,
> no doubt ;-)
>
> The problem I refer to is the spots near the first floor windows. My
> hope is that with a more irregular surface they will mostly disappear.
>

> > Are you planning on adding more realistic looking doors? Maybe with different
> > colours if painted (not sure that would fit the scene though).
>
> Oh yes. Once the general issues are solved, more details will be given
> to doors and windows, especially in close-up scenes. In overviews they
> will be switched off.
>
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

It was not the edge corners I was referring to, I agree these would be lighter
but more the inner angles where as you say dirt tends to accumulate I was
referring to.

Ahh, yes I did think the spots near the windows looked a bit odd, wish I could
offer some useful advice but all my textures are manually tweaked so I have no
experience of using the proximity method.

I look forward to seeing the next installment from this project.

Sean