POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: Old City street new version : Re: Gancaloon: Old City street new version Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:27:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: Old City street new version
From: s day
Date: 12 Apr 2013 20:00:01
Message: <web.51689f409de2f6492fe466b50@news.povray.org>
> On 12-4-2013 15:03, s.day wrote:
> > Would be nice to see a radiosity version of this image as well (I assume the
> > lighting is ambient currently?)
>
> Strange you say this. This *is* a radiosity version ;-)
>
> Currently:
>
>    radiosity {
>      pretrace_start 0.08
>      pretrace_end   0.004
>      count 50, 500
>      nearest_count 10, 5
>      error_bound 0.6
>      recursion_limit 2
>      low_error_factor .3
>      gray_threshold 0.0
>      minimum_reuse 0.010
>      maximum_reuse 0.1
>      brightness 1
>      adc_bailout 0.01/2
>      normal off
>      media off
>      always_sample off
>    }
>
> Thomas

Oops.. sorry, I guess looking at the inside of the windows it shows radiosity
effects, I think the shadows of the buildings on the road and to a certain
extent the shadows on the walls in many areas look too consistent, I would
expect them to darken a bit as they get into corners etc..

I assume you have ambient_light set to zero in the scene? (looking at the
darkness inside the windows would point to this being set I guess).

Will look more closely before I comment again ;-)

Sean