POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Skyrim...! : Re: Skyrim...! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skyrim...!
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 9 Apr 2013 03:45:00
Message: <web.5163c55a437460785b7d07940@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> What boggles me is
> how honkin' huge the exterior of Bleak Falls Barrow is.  Completely
> out-of-scale compared to basically everything else, even considering
> that the scale of the buildings is not the same as the scale of the
> terrain as far as canon-distance is concerned.

Oh yeah, I hadn't noticed that. Maybe because it's the first dungeon you get
offered in the game? Make it nice and impressive for those just starting out...

> Interior of it doesn't
> match up at all with its exits, either.

I guessed that would be the case for most interiors.

>(I'd put down the underground
> areas of Embershard Mine and Helgen Keep in another layer, since those
> can be tied nicely from point A to B, but gave up once I saw that other
> interior spaces had nothing to do with Outside Geography.)

I'd love to see a Blackreach overlay, if only to see how badly it matches up.
There's several direct surface access points IIRC, plus the three dungeon
entrances (all several zones each, so I'd hold out no hope for alignment there).

> Mineral survey would be done as a sort of separate thing, rather than
> having the map show individual points, trying to see if it'd be possible
> to interpolate between ore deposits into contiguous veins.  Looks
> semi-promising from what I poked around on the UESP map, but it'd become
> a separate map.

Interesting, it never occurred to me the designers might try to do that :)

There are some other 'elsewhere' exteriors too, like Sovngarde... Ever think to
have a go at them too, or are they too small to bother with?

Bill