POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet WIP (177kbbu) : Re: Planet WIP (177kbbu) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet WIP (177kbbu)
From: Kenneth
Date: 3 Apr 2013 16:20:03
Message: <web.515c8db536c0c63dc2d977c20@news.povray.org>
I really like this--possibly for an unintended reason: It looks kind of like an
artist's rendition to me (like something that astronomical artist Chesley
Bonestell would have done.) I realize you're going for more 'realism' than
that--but I like it! As such, it would be nice to have a bit more back-side
illumination, rather than the total realism of absence of reflected light.
(Admittedly, I seem to always appreciate a more 'painterly' approach to renders,
rather than stark realism. It depends on the subject, of course.)