POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: Old City street corrected : Re: Gancaloon: Old City street corrected Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: Old City street corrected
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 3 Apr 2013 09:35:00
Message: <web.515c2de446841a7d5b7d07940@news.povray.org>
This project is really bearing some impressive fruit now. I love this aerial
view - good sediment effect in the river. The building arrangement is very
effective, and totally transforms the resulting images. Once you get to a
certain level of detail, there will be much mileage in finding interesting
camera angles and lighting setups!

I liked the street view you posted recently too - a totally believable solution,
it looked very natural.

I agree with other posts about smoke and focal blur. You could try placing
people procedurally too, market crowds and dock workers... also, I think some
flocks of seagulls or crows could really add some atmosphere for relatively
little effort.

You are inspiring me to get back to my city shenanigans from last year!

keep up the good work
Bill