POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: Old City street corrected : Re: Gancaloon: Old City street corrected Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:25:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: Old City street corrected
From: s day
Date: 31 Mar 2013 07:15:01
Message: <web.515818f546841a7d198d03750@news.povray.org>
> On 30-3-2013 16:54, Kenneth wrote:
> > Both of those techniques sound intriguing indeed. (I have not yet played around
> > with proximity textures; they seem to be quite amazing.) Do you have a link to
> > Sean Day's slope/altitide stuff? I would like to take a look at it, as it
> > apparently solves what I assumed to be a real problem!
> >
> As a basis I started with Sean Day's
> http://www.irtc.org/stills/2006-08-31.html and in particular the wall
> textures.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the credit and link to remind me of that IRTC round. Too far back for
me to remember but I dare say I got the idea for the texture
from something by Gilles Tran (I think the slope idea came from one of his snow
scenes), I doubt I was smart enough to come up with it
myself ;-)
It is a shame the winning image of that round by Rene
Bui did not have the source code as the textures in that one are far better than
mine. (good to have something to aim for though).

Sean