POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : old lantern : Re: old lantern Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: old lantern
From: s day
Date: 24 Mar 2013 14:05:01
Message: <web.514f3ffd98558966ba24363d0@news.povray.org>
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F6rg_=27Yadgar=27_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> Hi(gh)!
>
> On 23.03.2013 00:08, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
>
> > Yes... now it just needs a nice scene to be lit. :)
>
> What about a dimly lit mud-walled chai khana (tea house) in some remote
> Afghan valley? With bearded turbaned Afghans in traditional garb
> lounging around a slightly indented samowar, on faded rugs spread over
> the floor...
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar
>
> Now playing: Cybersports (Synergy)

Sounds like a good idea for a scene, I tend not to include people in my scenes
as I prefer to go for realism (not everyones goal I know) and have no chance of
achieving this with people in the scene (I know some people manage this but I
really have no experience of modelling people).

Other than that I like the idea, maybe will give it a go after I complete the
current scene I am working on. Then if someone else wants to add the people I
will post the source.

Sean