POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : old lantern : Re: old lantern Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:28:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: old lantern
From: s day
Date: 21 Mar 2013 07:40:01
Message: <web.514af095985589668f98288b0@news.povray.org>
> On 20-3-2013 22:47, s.day wrote:
> > Trying to age my lantern, HDR seems to look better with new shiny objects
> > though...
> >

> IMHO this is looking really excellent. I can see no fault with it.
>
> Thomas

Thanks Thomas, it is alwasy easier to find the faults when you created the model
though. There are some not perfect joins on the glass (coincident surface at the
very top and where the sphere is connected to the cone the angle/join is not
perfect). However, I suppose often glass objects have these imperfections anyway
so maybe I meant to do it ;-)

Also, the object is not fully accurate, it was modelled from a photo and I could
not really see how the wire around the glass was connected up so I didn't
connect it to anything. Having found a few more photo's now I see that it is
connected to the bottom wire and this wire runs around (not through) the lamp
base.. I should fix this but am suffering from the 80:20 rule..

Sean