POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dirty Glass texture : Re: Dirty Glass texture Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dirty Glass texture
From: s day
Date: 16 Mar 2013 07:55:02
Message: <web.51445d7f66ddea344d6e54800@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> What are your radiosity settings?
>
> Which version of POV-Ray are you using?

Hi,

I am using 3.7 RC7 and the radiosity settings are below they are very low
quality as I reduced them to trace the sample images just to speed up the
renders as I was too impatient to wait:

#default{ finish{ ambient 0 diffuse 1 conserve_energy }}

// radiosity (global illumination) settings

global_settings {
assumed_gamma 1.0
  radiosity {
    pretrace_start 0.08
    pretrace_end   0.01
    count 50
    nearest_count 10
    error_bound 1.2
    recursion_limit 2
    low_error_factor .5
    gray_threshold 0.0
    minimum_reuse 0.015
    brightness 1
    adc_bailout 0.01/2
    normal on
  }
}

originally I had pretrace_end 0.001, count 900, nearest_count 20 and error_bound
0.8 but other than with the simple interior texture it was too slow to wait for
any image with just a single sphere image ;-)

Sean