POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : An End? : Re: An End? Server Time
1 May 2024 20:05:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An End?
From: MichaelJF
Date: 13 Mar 2013 15:50:01
Message: <web.5140d77376c5c07f46b179bf0@news.povray.org>
I admit that my proposal to end TC after the "woman"-round was an intended
provocation. Much more I would like to see more entrants and more entries. And
I'm happy that we arrived at a discussion here at last. So I will put in my two
cents to it (heavily relying on leo.org with this translation).

Paolo was the first who proposed a longer time intervall. I really think this
would help but I will propose a quarter. A winter, a spring, a summer and an
autumn round. Sounds nice to me. And I think Normand can live with this too.

A thing which was ever adressed within the last discussions about TC and our
efforts to promote it are the topics. Paolo proposed no topics, but I think that
the topics are crucial to a contest. They are a starting point of ones
imagination and ensures that the pictures are comparable (may be in a strange
way). As I read Christians list of topics I was delighted but I think there are
a little bit too technical. May be there is a list between. Topics which proves
technical difficulties but gives artistical freedom too. Why does "blossoms" pop
up in my mind again? May be because this would be a topic between (and may be
because I like flowers). Is it possible to exchange the topic list easily? I
fear Colin has a say to this. I propose to generate a new list of topics. And
since I had a very "strange encounter" today, this topic should be added too. (A
bird has lost its (his? - was a male one) way into our office. Since it was
exhausted I was able to catch it very carefully by hand and let it free out of
the window (12th floor). Never thought that I would ever have a living white
wagtail at my palms. And I will remember this strange encounter a long while).

The programming of the TINA CheP Site is not bad. For example it offers the
opportunity to update a picture easily during a contest. That was not possibly
with the IRTC. The drewback is that one cannot give a source. Which was possible
with the IRTC. But since we are using software which only allow to share the
resulting pictures but not the sources heavily now (Poser e.g.) that issue is of
minor importance now IMO. We can still publish our technical inventions at the
p.b.s-f. The only disadvantage of the forum is, that one cannot place a picture
there directly. You can only post a link.

Best regards,
Michael