POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : An End? : Re: An End? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 11:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An End?
From: Kenneth
Date: 12 Mar 2013 09:15:01
Message: <web.513f28f876c5c07fc2d977c20@news.povray.org>

and Christian wrote:
> I duly note when a new topic is available but usually do not even get to
> the stage were I have a (realistic) idea for an image, and much less to
> committing to the arduous task of producing a publishable scene.

I agree with Paolo; and I suppose my own lack of contributions has the same root
cause as Christian's. I've actually never contributed an image or animation to
either the IRTC or Tina CHEP. My only excuse is that my usual POV scenes just
get too complex and time-consuming, and always seem to be works-in-progress,
never quite *finished* to my satisfaction. (Sometimes, I'll see a 'challenge
topic' that looks quite interesting--but more times than not, I'm working hard
on a different kind of scene, some personal topic that isn't appropriate for the
challenge. Putting that scene aside to start on a new one makes me feel like
I'll never finish either of them!)

However, I DO like seeing what others have done--it is GREAT inspiration,
especially the IRTC stuff from the past. Like Paolo, it showed me what was
possible with POV-Ray and how stunning the results could be.

So my own opinions are: Keep Tina CHEP going, as it serves a unique purpose; but
perhaps give longer deadlines for entries. And maybe post a few more reminders
in the newsgroups, on a regular basis. Monthly? Weekly?