POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HDRI settings : Re: HDRI settings Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:21:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDRI settings
From: s day
Date: 7 Mar 2013 18:55:01
Message: <web.51392804e61012b47a68f4440@news.povray.org>
> Am 07.03.2013 19:16, schrieb s.day:
> Good that you mention this, because I completely forgot about this problem:
>
> Radiosity currently doesn't do a good job with HDR light probes having
> rather small bright regions (e.g. direct sunlight). There are two ways
> to approach this problem:

Thanks again, I am running another render with a higher count and nearest_count
set to 20 as there are a few artifacts still.

Also, I have tried a few different probes and all are much darker than the
galileo one I tried first, is it acceptable to increase emissions > 1 to
increase the light level or is there a better approach?

Thanks

Sean