POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HDRI settings : HDRI settings Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:27:50 EDT (-0400)
  HDRI settings
From: s day
Date: 7 Mar 2013 09:05:02
Message: <web.51389e489b743d4b7a68f4440@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I am trying out some HRD renders in Pov 3.7 RC7 and having some difficulty
finding good settings. After a lot of adjusting (mostly guesswork) I have the
following:

For Radiosity:

#default{ finish{ ambient 0 diffuse 1 conserve_energy }}

global_settings {
  radiosity {
    pretrace_start 0.08
    pretrace_end   0.01
    count 500
    nearest_count 10
    error_bound 2.5
    recursion_limit 4
    low_error_factor .5
    gray_threshold 0.0
    minimum_reuse 0.015
    brightness 0.3
    adc_bailout 0.01/2

  }
}

For HDR sky_sphere:

sky_sphere {
  pigment{
    image_map{ hdr "galileo_probe.hdr"
               gamma 1.1
               map_type 1 interpolate 2}
      }
emission rgb 0.6
rotate <0,40,0>
}

For finish on the main lantern (red painted finish):

finish {
specular 0.4
roughness 0.01
brilliance 2
diffuse 1
reflection 0.1
conserve_energy
}

This is probably the best of the renders I have done so far but I still find the
highlights to be too bright. Does anyone know of a good reference/tutorial on
these settings specific to POV?

Thanks

Sean

Post a reply to this message