POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : RoundEdge update and Object Collection upload problem (ping stbenge) : Re: RoundEdge update and Object Collection upload problem (ping stbenge) Server Time
26 Apr 2024 00:34:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RoundEdge update and Object Collection upload problem (ping stbenge)
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 4 Mar 2013 00:35:00
Message: <web.513431d38a019f2e78641e0c0@news.povray.org>
"Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> What is up with the Object Collection, anyway? Has it been hacked or something?
> When I go to download my file, it's called "POVCollection_507620.zip-_r_n_r_n"
> and doesn't contain the include file, the html help file or the example scenes.
> Is this happening with all submissions?

It's not happening with all of them; rlp and possibly ConvexLens are the only
ones I've downloaded that seem deficient.  (I do not know the story with
ConvexLens.)  What's been happening to me is that it limits uploads to 20 files.
The upload page will let you select as many files as you like, but it fails to
upload any more than the first 20.  This has not always been the case, so
something broke somewhere along the line.

At this time, no information is available about the state of the Object
Collection.  Chris Cason is looking into it; I'll leave it up to him to make any
announcements. On my end, I'm investigating the possibility of some file limit
deep within my Linux configuration that's breaking my uploads.