POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : cube meadow : Re: cube meadow Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:13:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cube meadow
From: nemesis
Date: 26 Feb 2013 17:50:01
Message: <web.512d3b922528e3a1e281f4b90@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> > "nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> >> just cubes, a bit of translation and rotation, lit by pure radiosity and a good
> >> measure of DOF love :)
> >
> > BTW, didn't like the overlapping, so instead I unioned all cubes, then
> > differenced from the union of the "flowers".  Takes a lot more rendertime and
> > sadly leaves artifacts that don't go away, but liked it better
> >
> Coincident surfaces.
> Did you try randomising the depth of the flowers? Just something like 1%
> variation of the depth will do the trick...
>

> Alain

you're amazing, Alain :)

half an hour on this one on 4 cores of a i5.  But i think I should've added a
bit more radiosity samples:  count 8 error_bound 1 pretrace_end .003 :p

this is the kind of scene which is difficult to create with Blender.  you could
probably do it procedurally too, but the blender's python API is horrid when
compared to the relative simplicity of doing it with povray's SDL.

plus, as age goes I should be content of being a better programmer than I'll
ever be a 3D modeller :p

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cubemeadow2.png' (455 KB)