POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lost TC Entry : Re: Lost TC Entry Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lost TC Entry
From: MichaelJF
Date: 20 Feb 2013 13:40:01
Message: <web.512517999a93f360507e3e070@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 19/02/2013 8:00 PM, MichaelJF wrote:

> And she was the champion of housewives and marriage. IIRC.

> That gives scope for a "Victorian" scene with her bathing along with her
> seven daughters. :-)
> The mind boggles!

And she was the leader of the Valkyries selecting the heroes for Valhalla. So
she was a goddess of war too. I'm not really familiar with the work of Richard
Wagner. First because opera is not my first choice of music (despite the fact
that I really like a mixture of opera and heavy-metal - Tarja Turunen or
Nightwish from Finland or Epica from the Netherlands) and second because Richard
Wagners works were the favourite music of a certain former ruler of Germany
during the 30ies and 40ies of the last centuriy. I hate everything that is
associated with this ruler to the bone. I think you know why...

The depictings of Freya changed a lot during the centuries. The Vikings
themselfs depicted her as an mature and clothed woman (as I know from figurines
depicted in books within my little private library about archeology -
unfortunatelly copyrighted material I cannot post here). Since Wagner you have
more explicit pictures with younger women showing their breasts.

I will not go for the Jord-picture, that is to you Stephen.

Best regards,
Michael