POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lost TC Entry : Re: Lost TC Entry Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lost TC Entry
From: MichaelJF
Date: 15 Feb 2013 06:05:01
Message: <web.511e15fb9a93f36099ce55d50@news.povray.org>
> On 15-2-2013 2:05, MichaelJF wrote:
>
> I am sorry to hear that Michael, and already with so few images in this
> round. Thanks for putting the image here so that we can at least enjoy it.
>
> This is a difficult type of scene to do indeed. I like the way you have
> treated the water as a media, although I would have liked to see small
> debris in suspension. I recall a shark by Jim Charter which showed that
> and it was very effective to recreate a watery environment. Shouldn't
> sun rays be more visible, broken by surface waves/ripples, with light
> spots on the sand?

It was very late as I posted this picture and I was a bit too tired to give
remarks about the picture. I experimented a while with an isosurface sea and
yielded some nice effects, but not the one I wanted. So I fall back to tweak the
sea by Johnny Yip until I came close to my imagination. So credits for the sea
goes to Johnny mostly.

> I agree with Kenneth about the sand around the statue (the figurehead of
> the ship, I suppose?). Not sure how it would have to look but I think
> that small water currents would create ridges and furrows around it.

You are right about that both.

> I love the way the dolphin nibbles the hand :-)

Thanks.

Best regards,
Michael