POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Molecular Pentafoil Knot (finally gets a journal cover) : Re: Molecular Pentafoil Knot (finally gets a journal cover) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Molecular Pentafoil Knot (finally gets a journal cover)
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 11 Feb 2013 20:50:00
Message: <web.51199efdb7aeb13a91114470@news.povray.org>
"MichaelJF" <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> Are we here at a contest of minimalism? There are only connectect cylinders to
> be seen. Some of the worst pictures Robert ever gave IMO.

This is an actual, IRL self-assembling pentafoil molecule; I call that
minimalism at its finest.

That said, I was merely given the model for this by the researchers, as spheres
and cylinders, which I blobbified and then gave a decent HDR lighting treatment.
It wasn't meant to be groundbreaking, simply illustrative and easy on the eyes
(and I thought the kitchen probe was a funny touch...)

> Why did you adore him so much?

It /must/ be because of my fantastic home brewed beer!

www.McGregorFineArt.com