POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The mesh cam: Growing plants to light: a first WIP : Re: The mesh cam: Growing plants to light: a first WIP Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The mesh cam: Growing plants to light: a first WIP
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 8 Feb 2013 17:10:01
Message: <web.511576b24c7ef31d78641e0c0@news.povray.org>
"MichaelJF" <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> "Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> > Well, if I could get some 21st century bandwidth in my community, I might check
> > it out more often...
>
> Sorry, yes you are right. If you live at a rural place the bandwidth can be very
> low in comparison to a city. I'm living at the city of Germany the main
> telephone company here has their main (technical) quarter. The political one is
> located somewhere else, but I cannot expirience bandwidth problems here. But if
> we visit my stepfather at a very rural place within Germany my only connection
> to the net is my smartphone (and only in some rooms of his house due to the
> surrounding hills). In this area it is hard to get even a 56 kbit/s connection
> to the net by wire.

Our local telecommunications company is busy digging up roads and installing
cutting-edge fiber optics, funded by the awsome American Recovery and
Reinvestment Act of 2009, and we will soon see the fastest Internet in the
universe.  So they say.

I wonder if they're doing anything about their routers.  There are rare moments
when I /can/ get the fast DSL speeds we were promised 7 years ago, so I know the
lines can already handle it.  But what good is a 14-lane autobahn when the
on-ramp is congested?