POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How to read source code? : Re: How to read source code? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:31:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to read source code?
From: Mr
Date: 8 Feb 2013 03:55:00
Message: <web.5114bccff5f10c30ed29e82f0@news.povray.org>

> Kind of like using Moray or Blender to generate POV-Ray SDL.

Of course I must disagree, have you actually tried Blender's POV-Ray exporter,
it has options to choose whether to insert line breaks or not for meshes
readability, it inserts comment sections to clarify which does what, you can
specify it where to put your files, and pass  command line arguments along to
it.

And if you find anything not clean, just tell me what, I'll correct it,  or help
you do it  yourself if you want (the exporter's Python code is GPL licenced so
it's free for any use)

If you think it's "not clean" because you just want to see primitives instead of
mesh2, it's not hard to implement, just that nobody requested it yet, as opposed
to other features like hair export that I added right away.

To get back on topic, I don't think of visual 3D editors as generating dirty POV
code, I see them more like tools to generate a draft to be improved by little
tweaking(or left as is when you are satisfied with the result or in a hurry).