POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Another reason to hate Windows 7 : Re: Another reason to hate Windows 7 Server Time
16 May 2024 15:30:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another reason to hate Windows 7
From: Kenneth
Date: 30 Jan 2013 16:10:01
Message: <web.51098a7911feb23c2d977c20@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <tenDOTlnDOTretniATtoorgedDOTt> wrote:
> On 3-10-2011 20:14, Darren New wrote:
> > Actually, it looks like XP and 2000 work the way I remember.
>
> I think XP did not go to sleep with a render under way. It maybe slowed
> down though... I am not sure.

I've definitely had it go to sleep on me, with a render in progress. Had to turn
the sleep mode off completely, to prevent this (which is probably not good for
the ol' hard drive.) I always thought it was just an odd Windows bug. (But if I
recall correctly, POV-Ray was the only application this happened with...although
it's also the only app I use that churns through work for hours on end.) So
adding a fix to POV-Ray is a great idea!