POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : meteor fly-through (and motion-blur comparison) : Re: meteor fly-through (and motion-blur comparison) Server Time
13 Jun 2024 13:32:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: meteor fly-through (and motion-blur comparison)
From: Kenneth
Date: 27 Jan 2013 08:35:00
Message: <web.51052cb69618bbb7c2d977c20@news.povray.org>

> I recall reading that's how they did space explosions in Star Trek ;)

And the Death Star explosion in the original STAR WARS. Sadly(??), that's all
been supplanted by CGI now, for the most part. (Although, I keep coming across
modern examples of 'real' flame elements and such being used in movies;
apparently it's *still* sometimes more expedient to film real elements vs.
trying to synthesize the effect with computer algorithms.)